W4D1: Mondays



On a Monday
They had to give us this dang sprint
It is better than the backbone sprint, they said. It will be fun!, they said




Mental note on the things I did not understand today:
1. How information is passed in a GET or POST request
2. How API works
3. How servers work
4. REST

Another night on which I leave feeling very defeated. I miss the days when I would leave the ROC accomplished and feeling good about myself. Dear lawd have mercy. I will tell you about node.js tomorrow. For now, I sleep.


What we did today:
1. Self Assessment

2. Lecture: Intro to Node.js

3. Video lecture on event loops and Async code

4. Pair programming on Node.js

Sprint Description: Build a custom back-end in Node to replace the Parse API in your chat client application. You will learn about CommonJS, routing, and how to debug server-side code.

I paired with the one of two girls in our cohort! YAY, except I chose one of the hardest sprints to do with her. I'm so sorry Monica

5. Town hall
I'm thinking of making an index for all the insider terms I've been using. I make sure to define the terms in my previous entries, so go read ALL my schtuff heh heh

02.01.16

No comments:

Post a Comment