W5D2: Salvation, then to the orthodontist

I am so glad hell week is over, but I can't get too complacent. Hopefully the rest of the week runs as smoothly as this sprint did.

My orthodontist appointment today was at 6:15pm (couldn't have picked a better time, you idiot). Google Maps predicted that my trip would take 2 to 3 hours if I left at 4pm, so I gave myself another hour and left at 3pm. The trip still took 2 hours. After much poking, twisting, pulling and laser beaming, I came out of the orthodontist with a fresh one of these



Brushing my teeth today -- just felt like I was grinding my toothbrush across, what feels like, two bricks that are my teeth. What the hell did I sign up for? 3. Whole. Years. With metal latched on to my teeth.

MY TEETH FEEL LIKE LEAD AND I CAN'T EAT YUMMY STUFF


What we did today:
1. Toy Problem

Range Class

  • Build a class to represent a range of numbers that has:
    1. a beginning index
    2. an end index (optional). If there is no end index, the range should include only the passed-in start value.
    3. a ‘step’ (optional)
  • The step is the interval at which elements are included. For instance, a step of 1 includes every element in the range, while a step of 2 includes every other element.
  • You should allow a negative value for ‘step’ to count backwards. If no step is provided and the start is more than the end, assume we’re counting backwards.
  • The range should have a constructor that accepts these arguments in this order:
    1. begining index
    2. end index
    3. step interval
  • It should also support the following utility functions:
    1. size(): return the number of items represented by the range
    2. each(callback(index)): iterate over the range, passing each value to a callback function
    3. includes(index): return whether or not the range includes the passed value
  • You should also be aware of the following caveats:
    1. Should return null if we are given no ‘start’ value.
    2. Range should use constant space, even during the each() method, * i.e. you shouldnot use an array as backing storage.
USAGE EXAMPLES:
 var myRange = new Range(0,10); // a new range representing the numbers between 0 and 10 (inclusively)

 var evenNumbers = new Range(2,8,2); // A range with the even numbers 2, 4, 6, and 8.

 evenNumbers.each(function(val){ console.log(val+'!'); }); //Prints '2! 4! 6! 8!'

 evenNumbers.size() //4

 evenNumbers.includes(2) //True

 evenNumbers.include(3) //False
2. Continue pair programming on Shortly Express
I feel pretty bad for leaving early on my sprint partner. On the up-side, no more orthodontics appointments for the rest of the bootcamp!

3. Townhall (I left for the orthodontist before this)

4. Tapout

No comments:

Post a Comment