W5D3: setInterval(console.log('copy on top of a'), 3600000);

How I feel everyday on the I-10

Go fetch a stencil to shape my twenty-four
everyday the sun rises from the east and sets on the west, 
just as how I wake up for the daily races
and fall asleep only to start all over again

Everyday passes how we expect it to pass
The lack of miracles is making me numb
The reason why the first week went so slowly
is probably because our expectations didn't align with reality


But I'm glad I found something I love
something I would sit everyday in traffic for
With coding, everyday is different
The excitement of solving different algorithms or learning new things
is what keeps me going through this mess

What we did today:

1. Toy Problem

Balanced Parenthesis

Given a string, return true if it contains balanced parenthesis ().

Examples

InputOutput
string:
"(x + y) - (4)"
true
string:
"(((10 ) ()) ((?)(:)))"
true
string:
"(50)("
false
string:
""
true

2. Lecture: Intro. to Angular
AngularJS is a structural framework, created by Google, for dynamic web apps. It brings Javascript and CSS to HTML to extend HTML's syntax and provide a slew of useful applications. I already like it better than Backbone.

How Angular is different from Backbone:
-- Less code required
-- No dependencies to get started
-- Very opinionated, meaning there are many different ways to do things
-- MV-Whatever, rather than MVC
-- Automatically synchronizes data between models and views
-- Whereas Backbone and React uses
--

3. Pair Programming on Angular
Deja vu? I was right in the prediction that I can't get too complacent after completing hell week -- because hell continues. For hours me and my pair sat there looking pretty dumb


For this sprint we were to do the same thing as the last, except with Angular and without all the authentication functionalities. We had a lot of trouble trying to visualize how the links are being stored, and how we were to grab those links from storage to show on the views. We ended up writing less than 30 lines of code until we got frustrated and called for help.

4. Townhall

No comments:

Post a Comment