W1D3: why me? why always me?


It's slowly starting to dawn on me that Makersquare is my life now.

Here's my everyday now in (pseudo)code:

 var ETA = 20 minutes;
for(var i=0; i<91; i++){
  wake up();
  var current_time = Date.getTime();
  if(current_time>7:00) drive(ETA + 30min)
     else drive(ETA + 20min);
     code(a_shitton);
     drive(ETA);
     sleep();
}
Basically -- wake up, go to Makersquare, code, go back home, sleep, repeat.

There's a giant coffee machine on the second floor which can make anything ranging from espressos to chocolate milk. I predict this machine will be crucial to our survival

-pic of coffee machine

This day went great until I walked to my car to drive home.

  > started freaking out because I could not find my car
  > call the police dept, tells me my car is impounded
  > Hady Waby (that's his name btw) kindly drives me to the police dept
  > pay $135 for the release form
  > towing garage that took my car is closed for the night -_-
  > plan on spending the night at Makersquare
  > one of the seniors Justin notices me and graciously offers me a ride home. yay!
  > go home and everything is okay, for now...


What we did today:
1. Self Assessments
These are given the first hour of every Monday, except on the first week. In the words of Makersquare:

Self Assessments

Each week, you'll be given a self assessment designed to provide you insight about how much you've learned and what you still need the most work on.

2. Lecture about data structures and stacks

3. Pair programming on data structures


This is a queue.                                This is a stack.
FIFO - first in first out.                       LIFO - last in first out
 Example: An event loop                     Example: Back button in a browser

4. Lecture on Classes and Instantiation patterns (Functional, functional-shared, prototypical, pseudoclassical)

5. Townhall

6. Lecture on Debugging

7. Self-guided lessons on prototype chains and code reuse module (refactoring so there are no repeated lines of code)

8. Presentation on Makersquare expectations by managing director

1.13.16

No comments:

Post a Comment